The awesome ladies behind Super Space Chick and The Nerdy Girlie have come up with an amazing link up project called ” 5 Fandom Fridays.” I missed the first post about the fandoms that made me who I am (um, just FYI: Disney, Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who), but here’s the second topic: Geeky Clothing I Need in My Closet Immediately.
As much as I’d like to, I can’t really go to work dressed in my nerdy tees and Comic Con outfits. Sometimes, I feel the need to wear my Her Universe TARDIS cardigan or my favorite skirt ever, but most days I like to share my geekiness through accessories. They may not scream fandom like some of my weekend staples, but I love that they are almost a secret to be shared only with others who recognize them.
So after spending a few, lovely hours on Etsy, here are my five top five geeky accessories that I covet rather desperately.
1. Pride and Prejudice may be my favorite Jane Austen novel, but Captain Wentworth’s letter at the end of Persuasion is particularly swoon worthy. This infinity scarf is what I want to wear the next time it’s cold, and I’m feeling a little resentful that people don’t write love letters anymore.
2. There are a lot of gorgeous Doctor Who items on Etsy, but I really love the simplicity of this necklace that spells out the Doctor’s name in Gallifreyan. I also love that only a Doctor Who fan would recognize what this is.
3. You don’t often find Sherlock Holmes jewelry that pays homage to all the key players, but this awesome cuff bracelet does so in such a cool way. Just as a side note, everything in this particular Etsy store Jezebel Charms is gorgeous.
4. As much as I love Harry Potter, I must admit that I do not know what my Patronus would be (I kind of feel like a die hard Potter fan shouldknow what theirs is). Maybe wearing these earrings would help.
5. And finally my dream piece, the piece that I would have to save and save for, but it would be so worth it. This amazing cuff bracelet would be a lovely reminder every time I looked at it that Jurassic World is happening. This would definitely help me wait for the movie with (some) patience.
I can’t wait to read what others have posted about their top 5. How about you, readers? Anything geeky and fashionable that you absolutely need right now?